Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dolphins, Egrets and Harriers, Oh My!

10/21/11
Left River Dunes slip at 7:20am at the same time as Carey and Bobbi on Catspaw. We will travel together for awhile. First thing out of Broad Creek we spotted Dolphins jumping in front of us. Happy Day! I've been waiting for this first sighting. I tried and tried to catch them on camera with little success. What a beautiful sight! We motored along on a gorgeous cavu day with Catspaw leading. This always gives me great relaxed confidence whenever I take the helm. Don't have to second guess my navigation!?!
Going through Adams Creek Canal the scenery was  changing by the minute; lovely homes, white egrets, colorful marsh grasses....Each hour brings a new refreshing view. As we were passing the New River Marine Corps. Air Station the sound and sights of Harriers doing touch and gos and vertical take of and landings was an extra thrill for the Captain. We anchored in Mile Hammock Bay with 15 other boats that evening. Calm, beautiful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment